Five Must-Have Skills For New Real Estate AgentsJan 10, 2023
Starting a career in real estate can be challenging, but it can also be rewarding when you learn the skills needed in order to become successful. Here are five skills that can help you succeed as a new real estate agent:
- Marketing: You'll need to be able to market yourself and your real estate services effectively in order to attract clients. This includes building a personal brand, creating a website and social media presence, and networking with potential clients. Most buyers find their agents online so this is something that cannot be overlooked if you want to be successful as a new real estate agent.
- Negotiation: Real estate transactions always involve negotiation, so it's important to have strong negotiation skills in order to get the best deals for your clients. Keep in mind that most real estate transactions have negotiations with buyer and seller and the best agents know how to get them to agree to terms that are acceptable to all parties so that there is a win-win outcome.
- Communication: As a real estate agent, you'll need to be able to communicate effectively with clients, other agents, and industry professionals. This includes being able to listen actively and articulate your thoughts clearly. Consumer surveys say that the number one complaint that customers have is that their agents do not have good communication skills. So if you master this skill, you will be one step ahead of other agents.
- Time management: Real estate can be a fast-paced and demanding industry, so it's important to be able to manage your time effectively in order to stay organized and meet deadlines. Contract deadlines often fall on weekends and or holidays and they still matter. Time-blocking, a form of time management that allows you to block off extended periods of time in your schedule, will allow you to accomplish the tasks that, although not urgent, need to be completed.
- Continuing education: The real estate industry is constantly evolving, so it's important to stay up-to-date on new laws, regulations, and best practices. This may involve taking continuing education courses or attending industry events. There are dozens of designations available and as a new real estate agent, taking additional courses will help you learn valuable skills and knowledge that will help you deliver superior customer service to your new client.
Of course there are many more skills than these to learn, but this is a good foundation for every new real estate agent as they plan to build their real estate careers in 2023 and beyond.
When agents get serious about their real estate careers they do what they have to in order to take their careers to the next level. Usually the next level involves hiring a real estate career coach to help them implement these new skills.
Impact Success Academy has coaches that will help new agents learn new skills and will help challenge them and encourage them to continue to grow their careers so that they become top producing real estate agents.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.